Friday, January 10, 2014

Going to try this thing again.

I tried blogging once before, and didn’t make a go of it, largely because typing is such a difficult thing for me to do. My wonderful children are always finding ways to make my life easier, and in this case my youngest purchased the Dragon Naturally Speaking software for me. She has pointed out to me on numerous occasions that I should be blogging. Not sure why, but for her, here it goes again.

My last blog post was back when I had bi-lateral retina surgery to repair lattice degeneration in 2010. Hard to believe it’s been nearly four years since then, but it has. So far, so good as far as the eyes are concerned, though I cannot wear my contact lenses like I used to. No matter, however, since I’m home 90% of the time now. (I hate driving in glasses!)

Part of the reason I stopped blogging last time, besides the whole typing issue, is because I don’t really want to TALK about Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I just felt like it was a complaint blog, no matter how factual and practical I made it. So, from here forward this is NOT a blog about EDS, but rather a life lived despite having a disability. I’m sure there will be occasions where I wander into the realm of what a pain in the rear EDS can be, or tosh about a doctor or test that was particularly negative, but for the most part this is just going to be about how I try to live, try to have fun, try to maintain a sense of humor and try to make sense of my life the way it is now. On that note, life at the moment consists of my husband (David) and me living in our (modified) dream home.

Over the next few posts, I will do a post completion commentary on our experience building a 100% Handicap Accessible home.

No comments: